Acting in the capacity of Sr. Program Quality Assurance Engineer, he has successfully launched multiple APU Programs and Software Defined Radio Programs from the prototype phase to production.
- Over twenty years in the Aerospace industry as a Senior Program Quality Assurance Engineer and Manufacturing Engineer. Responsible for multiple Software Defined Radio and APU programs, ensuring all contractual requirements were flowed down and incorporated in all aspects of purchasing, manufacturing and shipping. Demonstrated versatility working with electronic assemblies and turbo-machinery. Worked directly with customers, suppliers, and government representatives to ensure products were received and delivered on time, on budget, conforming to all engineering, Quality and contract specifications.
- MS Quality Assurance, CSU Dominguez Hills - Expected graduation 2013.
- AS9100 Rev. C Internal Auditor
- ISO 9001:2008 Internal Auditor
- IPC J STD-001 electronic assembly specialist (Inspector)
- Six Sigma Green Belt
- Member American Society for Quality (ASQ) #64207870
- Conducted Kaizen events in house and at suppliers. Product lead times typically reduced by 60% or more, total manufacturing costs typically reduced by 40% as a result of incorporating Toyota Manufacturing principles, including JIT and kan ban supply systems for low cost materials.
- Qualified as FAA ODAR (Organizational Designated Airworthiness Representative) For Hamilton Sundstrand Power Systems, San Diego. Responsible for final FAA acceptance and airworthiness certification of OEM parts manufactured by Hamilton Sundstrand for delivery to customers.
Senior Program Mission Assurance Engineer, Northrop Grumman - San Diego, CA
Program QA Engineer for the AMF JTRS Radio, the Small Airborne and Maritime/Fixed variants. Responsible for understanding and interpreting the QA requirements of program contracts and subcontracts of the AMF JTRS Program and ensured implementation with internal and external customers. Worked with Lockheed Martin, Raytheon, General Dynamics, and BAE within a teammate arrangement. Conducted First Article Inspections on radio modules that include electronic and mechanical assemblies. Successfully guided the program from the prototype to the pre-production phase. Conducted AS9100 Rev. C audits in support of AS9100 Rev. C certification. Also supported testing of BACN JUON and CANES programs for final product delivery.
QA Engineer, JAG Professional Services – San Diego, CA
QA Engineer support software verification testing of the UCAS-D unmanned air vehicle for Northrop Grumman Corp. Oversaw testing of mission software and testing that included “what if” scenarios of in flight and on ground AUVs.
Program Quality Assurance Engineer, Hamilton Sundstrand – San Diego, CA
Created, implemented, and maintained ISO 9000 compliant QA plans for multiple Auxiliary Power Unit (APU) programs for military and commercial applications. Customers included Boeing, Embraer, Saab, Hawker, U.S. Government, and United Airlines. Was the company point of contact for customers of my assigned programs and worked directly with customers, including traveling to their manufacturing facilities, to satisfy customer needs. Received designation from FAA as ODAR (Organizational Designated Airworthiness Representative) authorizing inspection and certification of products for direct shipment to end item customers. Conducted root cause and corrective action analysis as needed. Granted authority to perform MRB functions for components not meeting specification. Delivered monthly performance reports and presentations to management in monthly Program review meetings.
Manufacturing Engineer, Hamilton Sundstrand – San Diego, CA
Created, implemented, and maintained manufacturing job instructions for the assembly, test, inspection, and acceptance of sheet metal combustion components, primarily composed of stainless steel, for APUs. Also lead effort to convert same instructions from paper to electronic instructions on the company intranet. Used lean manufacturing principles, six sigma, JIT principles, and helped to improve designs for manufacturing (DFMA). Developed, maintained, and reported monthly metrics for manufactured components, including turn time, quality returns, and total manufacturing costs. Manufacturing processes included forming, sizing, welding, vacuum furnace brazing, process cleaning of sheet metal APU combustion components, including combustion housings and liners. Granted MRB (Material Review Board) authority from Quality Assurance, to evaluate, disposition, and rework parts and assemblies that did not meet manufacturing specifications, and worked with QA to develop rework plans. Presented monthly Manufacturing performance reports to management.
Development APU Assembly Technician, Hamilton Sundstrand – San Diego, CA
Assembled prototype and preproduction APUs from engineering drawings. Worked closely with Manufacturing Engineers and Technical Publication personnel to develop assembly procedures and documentation. Also worked with Design Engineers to address manufacturing issues and to improve manufacturability of APUs prior to going to production.
Nuclear Machinist Mate, First Class, U.S. Navy – San Diego, CA
Qualified as Engine Room Supervisor and all subordinate watch stations for the safe operation, shutdown, and maintenance of both nuclear reactor plants and engine rooms aboard the USS Truxtun (CGN-35). Also qualified as Shutdown Electrical Operator and Throttleman (Electrician’s Positions). Attended Pump Maintenance School and was the ship’s expert for all pumps and (air) compressors onboard.
Net Branch Manager, Greatland Financial and Real Estate – San Diego, CA
Directly responsible for the day to day production operations and management of sales force as it related to home loans, including marketing, direct sales, and office management. Ensured loan originators and processors adhered to regulations for mortgage loans, especially as it related to RESPA and fair lending practices.
MS Quality Assurance – Carson, CA
Attending CSU Dominguez Hills’ MSQA program, specializing in Manufacturing. Expected graduation 2013.
B.S., Business Management, University of Phoenix – San Diego, CA
Nuclear Power Prototype Training, NPTU Idaho Falls, ID
Successfully completed practical certification to become a mechanical operator of Naval Nuclear Power Plants.
Naval Nuclear Power School – Orlando, FL
Successfully completed the academic phase of the U.S. Navy Nuclear Power program.